Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My daughter sent this to me several years ago. it appeared in the Ann Arbour, Mi paper. I have played around with it over the years, and this is our favorite version!! :-)
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons coconut rum or 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- Sprinkle 1/4c almonds evenly over the bottom of a greased-and-floured 10-inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix,sugar and cocoa.
- Add eggs, Oil, Rum or extract and Pie filling. Beat until well blended and cherries are chopped up.
- Stir in coconut, remaining almonds and chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350* for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean when tested.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto rack and cool completely.
- Enjoy, Koechin/Ingrid.