Recipe by MysteriousChef
A scrumptious morsel for chocolate-lovers. Prep time: 40min. Bake time: 8 minutes per batch. I got this from Christmas Cookies 2004 by Better Homes and Gardens.
Top Review by WorkingMom2three
I made these to bring to a party where the majority of the drinking would be red wine. Chocolate (especially dark chocolate) is supposed to go well with red wine. These cookies are delicious, and well worth the work. Don't be surprised that the batter is more like brownie batter - is soupy - but the cookies do come out perfect. I made the ganach and dipped a few of the cookies, but the event wasn't for another 2 days, so I dipped the rest later, and it was fine. Make these cookies - you won't regret it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the 2 cups chocolate pieces and 2 tablespoons of the butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat remaining butter on medium speed 30 seconds. Beat in brown sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping bowl after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate mixture and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture on low speed. Stir in 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm and surface is lightly cracked. Let sit 10 minutes and transfer to wire rack; finish cooling. Dip each cookie one-third to halfway into chocolate ganache. Place on wire rack until ganache is set.
- Chocolate Ganache: In saucepan, combine whipping cream, 1 tablespoon butter, and granulated sugar. Bring just to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Place remaining semisweet chocolate pieces in bowl. Pour hot cream mixture over chocolate; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.