Recipe by Liyi
I've baked this cookie the other day and its super chocolaty! If u are a chocoholic or you need some healing for depression this is the recipe for you! This was originally nigella's recipe but i did some amendments to it and change it to something that i like.
- 125 g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids. (i would prefer dark chocolate tolberone, melted over boiling water)
- 125 g soft butter
- 75 g light brown sugar
- 50 g white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, cold from the fridge
- 2 (350 g) bags semisweet chocolate morsels or 2 (350 g) bags dark chocolate chips
- 150 g flour
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- melt the darkchoco.
- In a bowl, mix 125g soft butter.75g light brown sugar.50g white sugar with a machine.
- In the meantime, you can combine 150g flour.30g cocoa, sieved.1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda.½ teaspoon salt together in a bowl. mix it with spoon to form a dry mix.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.into the wet mix .MIX IT.
- Add melted choco inside the wet mix.MIX IT.
- 1 egg, cold from the fridge into wet mix.MIX IT.
- Lastly add dry ingredients and 2 bags of choco chips into the wet mix.MIX IT.
- Then use a ice-cream scoop or you can do it like me, using hand, turn it into small balls on a greased baking pan with baking paper(unless ur baking paper is non-stick).
- Bake it!
- *180 degrees 8mins to 10 mins for soft cookie.
- * 180 degrees 15-18 mins for harder ones.
- * depending on your oven, the time of the baking varies. The above one are for standard size. small oven i would encourage you to keep a lookout and shorten the time for around 2-3mins for the harder cookies. the size of your cookie matters as well. =)
- Variations : you can add nuts if u want at the last step before baking. you can also use 1 pack of white chocolate and 1 pack of dark chocolate chips. You can also put M&Ms if u want!
- *Note: Becareful and dont burn your cookies. unless you like the slightly burnt taste. Which is actually quite nice.