Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
If you're a chocolate lover, you're going to want to keep this recipe. I left out the nuts, because I don't like nuts in cookies. But you can use them if you want.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet; set aside.
- Melt 1 cup of the semisweet chocolate chips, the unsweetened chocolate, and butter in a heavy medium saucepan, stirring constantly. Transfer to a large mixing bowl; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. Add eggs, sugar, and vanilla to chocolate mixture. Using a wooden spoon, beat until combined. Stir in the flour mixture, remaining chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are firm and surface is dull and cracked. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely.
- Drizzle each cookie with melted semisweet chocolate.
Made for PAC Spring 08 These were really good! I brought them to a party and everyone liked them. They taste like brownies. They did crumble a bit on me but I think it's because I did not cool them the way the directions said to. I think next time I make these I will try using milk chocolate rather then semi sweet (just personal tastes). Very tasty and loved! Thanks so much we will make again!