Recipe by * Pamela *
Great to have on hand for a quick treat! Makes a great housewarming present too! You can bet the pail will not last long in the freezer ;)
Top Review by vtopp
Couldn't get this recipe to work for me at all. The dough tasted good when raw but, once in the oven, fell flatter than a pancake and was extremely difficult to remove from the pan. I don't know if I messed up or if there's a typo in the recipe somewhere. I'm interested to read other reviews...
- 1 lb golden Crisco
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 4 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts (your favourite kind, peanuts, walnuts, pecans, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- In an ice cream pail or 4L container with a lid, combine crisco, sugars, vanilla and eggs and beat together.
- Add baking soda, salt, and milk.
- Fold in flour.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Put on the lid and put into the freezer.
- When wanting some cookies: Remove pail and thaw about 10 minutes or until soft enough to scoop with an ice cream scoop.
- Scoop on to cookies sheets and bake for approx 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until done.Note: Cookies will still appear moist when baked.
- Cool 2 minutes and then remove to cooling rack.