1/7 Photos of Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cindy Lynn's Note:
I first tried this recipe for my daughter's graduation reception. These were the first cookies gone and I had lots of people asking, "Where DID you get this recipe?!" I have tried lots of different chocolate chip cookies over the years and these truly are the "ultimate" in my family's opinion. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening (I prefer Crisco)
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (unsifted)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped english walnuts (optional) or 1 cup butter nuts (optional) or 1 cup pecans (optional) or 1 cup black walnuts (optional) or 1 cup similar nuts (optional) or 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Combine shortening, sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl.
- 3Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- 4Beat in egg.
- 5Combine flour, salt and baking soda in small bowl.
- 6Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended.
- 7Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 8Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 3-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet (I prefer air-bake cookie sheets).
- 9Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies (they will look light and moist--do not overbake), 11-13 minutes for crisp cookies.
- 10Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet.
- 11Remove to wire rack.
- 12Serve warm or cool completely before storing.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1035 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.8
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 96.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g