I found this on MSN.com in the context of wooing your guy with food. I was hesitant to use shortening but they taste great. This recipe reflects a different size and cooking time from the original and creates a cookie very much like a "Mrs. Field's" in looks and taste, tell me what you think.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Mix flour, soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat shortening, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture and rolled oats.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by large tablespoon or small ice-cream scoop onto parchment-lined baking sheet, you should have room for 6 on an average baking sheet, don't crowd, they will spread out.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until golden brown, don't overbake.
- Remove to cooling rack and cool until firm.
Oh wow this are delicous!! I think I found my new favorite cookie!! I have a few, I am known as the cookie lady to friends and family!!These are easy to mix up, as easy as a cookie can get! I love the combination of chocolate and oatmeal. The timing is a bit off I only baked mine for 13 minutes but that maybe my oven. Delicious cookie you have Accidental chef thanks so posting this recipe!!