Top Review by Amy R.
I made these by directions, they seemed a bit greasy and maybe not so good day of baking.......BUT the next day. Wow they were great! My picky daughter loved them! Setting overnight seemed to be the trick. I am going to make again but also try and not melt the butter to see if there is any difference.
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix margarine and sugars in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread in a greased 9 x 13" baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting into bars.