Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Curry-lime butter takes these chicken wings in a whole new direction! Wonderful flavors from honey, lime zest and Thai red curry paste. Serve 'em up on a big platter and let everyone tear into them. This is a Tyler Florence recipe and you can't go wrong with his dishes!
- 4 lbs whole chicken wings
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 lime, juiced (and zest)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- splash soy sauce
- cilantro leaf (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Rinse the wings under cool water and pat dry. Place the wings in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and toss to coat. Spread the wings out on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes, until the skin gets crisp and brown and the meat is tender.
- While you wait, add the butter, red curry paste, lime zest, lime juice, honey and soy sauce into a blender. Season with salt and pepper and blend to mix. Scrape the curry-lime butter into a big bowl. When wings come out of the oven, slide them right into the bowl with the butter mixture. Give them a toss and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve on a large platter.
Great wings! I wound up just stirring the butter and seasonings in a large bowl and tossing in the cooked chicken wings.