Recipe by Charlotte J
I can't wait to try these. Recipe comes from the back of the can of Rotels.
Top Review by lazyme
These were very good. I used large burrito-sized tortillas which may have been a mistake. They were very hard to turn over in the skillet. There is no picture because these ended up looking like a quesadilla scramble, lol. But, they were very simple and very good. Thanks Charlotte for a great quick treat that we will repeat.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel mexican diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro, undrained
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (1 cup = 4 oz)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Add chicken and tomatoes with their liquid, cooking 10 minutes, or until chicken pieces are no longer pink in centers and liquid is evaporated, stirring frequently.
- Cover to keep warm.
- Spread chicken mixture evenly onto bottom half of each tortilla to within 1 inch of edge.
- Combine cheeses in small bowl; sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese mixture over each tortilla.
- Fold tortillas over to cover filling.
- Spray a skillet with additional cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat, cook quesadillas 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown on both sides.
- Cut into wedges to serve.