I found this on the Bisquick box and we LOVE it! We have it two to three times a week with a large garden salad and light honey dijon mustard - mmm, mmm. One thing I do in addition to the recipe is I spray the pieces with pam cooking spray before putting in the oven. I also bake for 10 minute and then flip and bake for 5 to 10 more. For Freezing Directions, courtesy of OAMC Freezer Tag, please look at the bottom of the Directions section. Thank you Erindipity!
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. In 1 gal plastic resealable food-storage bag, mix Bisquick mix, cheese, salt and paprika.
- Dip half the chicken strips into egg; place in bag of Bisquick mixture.
- Seal bag; shake to coat. Place chicken on cookie sheet. Repeat using remaining chicken. Drizzle butter over chicken.
- Bake 12-14, turning halfway through bake time with pancake turner, until no longer pink in center.
- To freeze: Coat chicken in mixture. Lay flat on a baking sheet and freeze until firm.
- To serve: from frozen, bake at 350 15-20 minutes per side.
I served these last night and they were a huge hit! I have already added the recipe to my cookbook software in "Our Family Favorites" cookbook. The only changes I made were to omit the melted butter and I brined the chicken tenders with 1/8 c. of kosher salt and water for a few hours prior to baking. I usually always brine poultry because it makes such a huge difference in flavor and the meat is always so moist and tender, never dry and tough. I served these with some BBQ and Buffalo dipping sauces. I also broke out the deep fryer and made some homemade french fries. Fabulous! I will definitely make some to put in the freezer for quickie meals. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Kids and hubby love this one!
This was just okay to me. I think it was very bland. I used a full teaspoon of garlic powder, paprika and added about 3/4 tbsp of black pepper. There was also way too much of the bisquick/cheese mix- if I made again, I would use 1/2- 3/4 of whats stated. Mine took 6 minutes per side and were tender. Thanks