Recipe by startnover
This is such a decadent meal. Great for company. Serve with brown and wild rice blend and a salad.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 6 slices honey-roasted ham
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons butter (no subs)
- 1⁄2 apple juice or 1⁄2 dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts if they are to thick.
- Place cheese and ham on each piece.
- Fold edges of chicken over filling, secure with small bamboo skewers.
- Mix flour and paprika and coat chicken pieces.
- Heat butter in large skillet and cook chicken till browned on all sides. Add juice (or wine) and bouillon. Reduce heat simmer for 30 minutes till chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove skewers and transfer chicken to a platter.
- Blend cornstarch with cream in small bowl, and whisk slowly into skillet.
- Cook, stirring till thick, and pour over chicken.
- Garnish with parsley.