1/1 Photo of Ultimate Chewy Blondie
Random Rachel's Note:
It's like a chewy fudge brownie, minus the chocolate. I tried several blonde recipes, but none of them came close to what I want. So I found a wonderful brownie recipe, and played around with substitutions until I think I found the perfect combination of ingredients. I usually make these for guys, and cut a 10" pan into 9 --3" square blondies- you could of course cut them smaller. A note about the baking time- my oven is old and unreliable, I bake it at 350* for 19 minutes and they turn out perfectly - I think it actually heats to 375-400*, but I am not sure, so you may want to check your blondes early so they don't over bake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F (see note about baking time/ temp).
- 2Grease a 10" baking pan.
- 3Melt butter. (I usually microwave it in a large mixing bowl for 1 minute from the fridge, or 2 minutes from the freezer.).
- 4Mix sugar, eggs, molasses, vanilla, and almond extract with butter.
- 5Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. (I leave out the salt if I am using salted butter.).
- 6Mix wet and dry ingredients. Scrape batter into prepared pan, and smooth. Sprinkle top with toffee bits or candies.
- 7Bake for 19 minutes - you want the blondes to be set but not too firm - a toothpick will be slightly sticky when they are done.
- 8Cover with foil and allow to cool on a rack for at least 30 minutes (preferably an hour.) They really need to be almost completely cooled to be sliced and moved (although they are great hot, just a bit messy,) and the foil helps seal in the moisture.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Chewy Blondie
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.1
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 82.0 mg
- Sodium 239.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 38.4 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: