Recipe by 911spatcher
This is my friend Monica's recipe. It is true comfort food. It makes a ton so I usually freeze half. She also uses the cheddar blend when she makes it, says it has a better flavor.
Top Review by KayJayEmm
The recipe is missing a few key things. It says "add flour" but there is no listing of flour in the ingrediants so I had to guess... also it says "butter, divided" but then it doesnt tell you how much butter is going in the first time or where the second amount of butter goes...
- 1 lb shell pasta
- 3 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic, fresh minced
- pepper, and
- garlic powder, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease an 8x11.5 with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta until al-dente.
- Chop chicken and cube the mozzarella, put to the side.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt 3 Tbutter. Once the butter is melted, add the flour and combine, add the milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add the shredded cheese once the milk comes to a simmer. Turn heat off once cheese is melted.
- Combine pasta, chicken and mozzarella in a large bowl, pour cheese sauce over pasta mixture and mix well. Pour everything into the greased pan.
- For topping, Melt the remaining 2 T butter, combine with bread crumbs, fresh garlic and Parmesan cheese. Cover casserole evenly.
- Bake uncovered for 35 min or until golden and bubbly.