This is my friend Monica's recipe. It is true comfort food. It makes a ton so I usually freeze half. She also uses the cheddar blend when she makes it, says it has a better flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shell pasta
- 3 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken, cubed
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese, 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic, fresh minced
- pepper, and
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1Preheat the oven to 350. Grease an 8x11.5 with cooking spray.
- 2Cook pasta until al-dente.
- 3Chop chicken and cube the mozzarella, put to the side.
- 4In a medium sauce pan, melt 3 Tbutter. Once the butter is melted, add the flour and combine, add the milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add the shredded cheese once the milk comes to a simmer. Turn heat off once cheese is melted.
- 5Combine pasta, chicken and mozzarella in a large bowl, pour cheese sauce over pasta mixture and mix well. Pour everything into the greased pan.
- 6For topping, Melt the remaining 2 T butter, combine with bread crumbs, fresh garlic and Parmesan cheese. Cover casserole evenly.
- 7Bake uncovered for 35 min or until golden and bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Cheesy Mac With Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 889.0
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 168.6 mg
- Sodium 740.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 51.0 g