Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
The first time I heard what was in these enchiladas, I cringed and was dreading having to taste them... but thankfully I did because these truly are the best ever and everyone I know agrees! You have to try them!
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 (28 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 (24 ounce) jar dill pickle slices
- 2 (6 ounce) cansmedium pitted black olives
- 1 (36 count) packagesmall white corn tortillas
- 4 (8 ounce) packagesof shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil whole chicken, pick off all meat from the bones, and shred it.
- Dice entire jar of dill pickles chips into small pieces.
- Slice all olives in half once each.
- Combine 2 packages of cheese, all olives, all diced pickles, and all of the shredded chicken in a large bowl and mix together well.
- Grease two 13x9 inch baking pans.
- Heat half of the tortillas for 20 seconds in microwave to warm them.
- Fill each tortilla with mixture, roll, and place into greased pans touching one another.
- Repeat with other half of tortillas until all mix or tortillas are gone.
- Pour sauce over all enchiladas in both pans.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Place in oven approximately 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and echiladas are thoroughly heated.
- Serve with rice and beans and enjoy!
These were SOOOOOOO great! The kids LOVED them and so did my husband! I followed the directions exactly and YUMMY! They we unbelievable these will definitely become a regular meal with my family! Thanks for yet another great recipe Stephanie!