Recipe by Stoblogger
Who says you can't have dessert on a low carb diet? This is an awesome, easy recipe for anyone on a low carb diet. Original recipe taken from The Ultimate Low Carb Cookbook. My version has been tweaked a little.
Top Review by BethanyRenae
Five stars! This has been my go to low carb cheesecake recipe for some time. I always half it and do it in a bread loaf pan and bake it in a water bath. Its perfect for my husband and I. Not to sweet. Thank you!
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- cooking spray
- 3 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons Splenda granular
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray bottom and sides of pan. I use a glass pie dish but if you have a springform pan, use it.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Finely chop the nuts and spread on bottom of pan.
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer, blend 3 packages of softened cheese until creamy.
- Add the splenda and blend.
- Blend in the 4 eggs and vanilla extract.
- Blend in 1/4 cup whipping cream until 'batter' is creamy and fluffy.
- Spread the batter over the nuts in the pan.
- Place a pan of water in the oven, under the cheesecake during cooking time. OR if you have a large enough pan of water, submerge the cheesecake pan into the water so the water level is about 1/2 way up the sides of the pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- After cheesecake has cooled make the topping:
- In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, beat the whipping cream and splenda for about 3 minutes until very fluffy.
- Serve chilled with a dollop of whipped cream. It's okay to add a sliced strawberry of 6 or 8 blueberries.