Recipe by Czarina's Cookbook
I got this recipe off the foodnetwork.com site. Haven't tried it yet but i'll make it for my boyfriend on his birthday. He loves cheesecake Recipe Summary Difficulty: Expert Prep Time: 30 minutes Inactive Prep Time: 4 hours 30 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 cups finely ground graham crackers (about 30 squares)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 dash vanilla extract
Warm Lemon Blueberry Topping
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Crust: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients with a fork until evenly moistened.
- Lightly coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the crumbs into the pan and, using the bottom of a measuring cup or the smooth bottom of a glass, press the crumbs down into the base and 1-inch up the sides.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- For the Filling: In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on low speed for 1 minute until smooth and free of any lumps.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and continue to beat slowly until combined.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until creamy, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- Periodically scrape down the sides of the bowl and the beaters.
- The batter should be well-mixed but not overbeaten.
- Pour the filling into the crust-lined pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Set the cheesecake pan on a large piece of aluminum foil and fold up the sides around it.
- Place the cake pan in a large roasting pan.
- Pour boiling water into the roasting pan until the water is about halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan; the foil will keep the water from seeping into the cheesecake.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.
- The cheesecake should still jiggle (it will firm up after chilling), so be careful not to overcook.
- Let cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Chill in the refrigerator, loosely covered, for at least 4 hours.
- Loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the pan by running a thin metal spatula around the inside rim.
- Unmold and transfer to a cake plate.
- Using a spatula spread a layer of Warm Lemon Blueberry topping over the surface.
- For the Topping:.
- In a small saucepan add all the ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes or so until the fruit begins to break down slightly.
- Leave to cool before spreading on cheesecake.
- Slice the cheesecake with a thin, non-serrated knife that has been dipped in hot water.
- Wipe dry after each cut.