1/3 Photos of Ultimate Cheesecake
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Czarina's Cookbook's Note:
I got this recipe off the foodnetwork.com site. Haven't tried it yet but i'll make it for my boyfriend on his birthday. He loves cheesecake Recipe Summary Difficulty: Expert Prep Time: 30 minutes Inactive Prep Time: 4 hours 30 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes Yield: 6 to 8 servings
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups finely ground graham crackers (about 30 squares)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 dash vanilla extract
Warm Lemon Blueberry Topping
- 1For the Crust: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients with a fork until evenly moistened.
- 3Lightly coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 4Pour the crumbs into the pan and, using the bottom of a measuring cup or the smooth bottom of a glass, press the crumbs down into the base and 1-inch up the sides.
- 5Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- 7For the Filling: In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on low speed for 1 minute until smooth and free of any lumps.
- 8Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and continue to beat slowly until combined.
- 9Gradually add sugar and beat until creamy, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 10Add sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- 11Periodically scrape down the sides of the bowl and the beaters.
- 12The batter should be well-mixed but not overbeaten.
- 13Pour the filling into the crust-lined pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- 14Set the cheesecake pan on a large piece of aluminum foil and fold up the sides around it.
- 15Place the cake pan in a large roasting pan.
- 16Pour boiling water into the roasting pan until the water is about halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan; the foil will keep the water from seeping into the cheesecake.
- 17Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 18The cheesecake should still jiggle (it will firm up after chilling), so be careful not to overcook.
- 19Let cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- 20Chill in the refrigerator, loosely covered, for at least 4 hours.
- 21Loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the pan by running a thin metal spatula around the inside rim.
- 22Unmold and transfer to a cake plate.
- 23Using a spatula spread a layer of Warm Lemon Blueberry topping over the surface.
- 25For the Topping:.
- 26In a small saucepan add all the ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes or so until the fruit begins to break down slightly.
- 27Leave to cool before spreading on cheesecake.
- 29Slice the cheesecake with a thin, non-serrated knife that has been dipped in hot water.
- 30Wipe dry after each cut.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 872.5
- Calories from Fat 556
- Total Fat 61.7 g
- Saturated Fat 34.3 g
- Cholesterol 256.8 mg
- Sodium 476.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 56.5 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of
lemons, zest of