Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
EXTRA FLAVORS of a few spices add a little zip to these EASY biscuits-muffins. NO ROLLED out dough! Just drop batter into greased muffin tin and watch these pretty biscuits rise! Wow your guests!!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne powder.
- Stir in mayonnaise and milk - just until moistened. Important: do not overstir.
- Pour into well greased muffin tin until two-thirds full. Fill 12 muffin slots.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until light brown. (Good tip for any leftover biscuits - cut biscuits in half and turn down into melted butter in a skillet. Grill until golden brown. Good for breakfast.).
These were just OK for us. I followed the recipe exactly as written but we felt they could have used a lot more seasoning. I would double or triple the seasoning if I made them again.
Spring PAC 2008: I am a bread-lovin' girl and these DID NOT disappoint! They were flavorful and disappeared FAST!