This pizza has a pesto sauce base with chicken, artichokes, goat cheese, and sun dried tomatoes. My husband and I fell in love with it when we ate at an Ultimate California Pizza joint while on vacation. I doubt we will ever see a location near us so I created this very similar version. In the summer, I love to make this one on the grill.
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 6 ounces grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) jarquartered marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 ounces garlic and herb goat cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded pizza cheese, blend
- roasted garlic-flavored olive oil, for brushing the crust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush the crust (especially the edge) with roasted garlic oil.
- Evenly spread the crust with pesto.
- Equally distribute and layer the chicken, artichokes, tomatoes, and goat cheese.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven until cheese has melted and lightly browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- I've used store bought crusts (like Boboli) and homemade ones with equal success (whole wheat). I use a pizza stone in the oven but especially like the times that I have cooked the pizza on the grill. It adds a great smoky flavor.
I loved this and my pesto hating boyfriend even enjoyed it hahahaa. Used home made pesto Pesto and home infused oil Italian Infused Oil . I loved how crispy the crust came up and the flavours were great. For the cheese I managed to get my hands on some goats fetta, marinaded in herbs, yum!
Great pizza! I grilled my chicken the night before when I was grilling a steak so it was ready to go when I came home from work. Loved everything about the pizza! I didn't have garlic flavored olive oil, so I roasted a head of garlic and squished the paste on the crust. Garlicky goodness! Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag game.
Great pizza. We loved it with a Mediterranean salad. I did use basil oil instead of pesto and feta as I had no goat's cheese.