Recipe by 2Bleu
I created this semi-low calorie ice cream by combining my two favorites.... Vanilla and Butter pecan. NOTE: Recipe requires an Ice cream maker.
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup light butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream, milk, Splenda, sugar, and vanilla into a large measuring cup. Stir 1-2 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Turn on ice cream machine and slowly pour in milk mixture. churn for 20-25 minutes.
- While ice cream is churning, prepare the pecans. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add pecans and salt. Mix well and saute for 1-2 minutes until pecans have absorbed the butter and are nicely roasted. Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- After the 20-25 minutes, when ice cream is almost done, add the pecan mixture and let churn for an additional 5 minutes.
- Scoop out ice cream into a plastic container, cover and freeze for at least 2 hours. I love it served in a sugar cone.