Recipe by licked_cupcake
Trying to think how to convey how good these are. They are really good. Simple and basic but perfect. What transforms them from average to extraordinary is in the final step - lightly frying each side with a bit of oil. It gives it that perfect crunch that balances the different flavors and textures inside.
- 2 chicken breasts, fried and diced into small pieces
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 16 ounces salsa
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 12 ounces shredded cheese
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Dice chicken breasts into cubes. Fry in lightly oiled frying pan until cooked through. Cut into small chunks. (This recipe is also a great way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken from the night before - just strip the remaining chicken and dice into bits).
- 2) Boil rice, set aside.
- 3) Assemble burritos. I layer the ingredients in the following order - first refried beans, then salsa, then rice, chicken, then cheese. However, any order will do. Fold the burrito - see pictures for how.
- 4) Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan. I like olive oil, but vegetable oil will also work. Heat between med-low and med temperature. There should be just enough oil to grease the bottom of the frying pan without pooling.
- 5) Fry each burrito lightly on each side until golden brown. Add additional oil as needed. I find that I usually add a drizzle of oil after frying two burritos. Serve hot!