1/3 Photos of Ultimate Bruschetta
1 hr 10 mins
Rhonda *J*'s Note:
I came across this in a Homemakers magazine and it was an instant favourite, we have used this recipe ever since(with a little of our own tweaking!)The longer the mixture sits the better!( for prep time i just put the 1 hour standing time, add how ever long it will take you to chop your other ingredients). Cook time is just how long it takes you to toast your bread. Everyone we serve this to really likes it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut tomatoes in half, squeeze out seeds and juice.
- 2Chop into small dice and place in bowl.
- 3Add onion, garlic, basil, vinegar, half the olive oil, salt and pepper to your taste.
- 4Let stand at room temperature for about 1 hour,drain liquid.
- 5On broil, toast bread on both sides until golden.
- 6Quickly brush one side of each slice with remaining olive oil.
- 7Spoon tomato mixture on top& serve.
- 8Note: My husband usually makes this and i believe he uses the drained liquid to brush the bread rather than the olive oil.
- 9Also we have made this using dried basil instead of fresh (1 tablespoons fresh= 1 teaspoons dried) and although it does not call for it in the recipe we also use some fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (889 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1076.7
- Calories from Fat 767
- Total Fat 85.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 505.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 13.9 g