From the 1990 collection "America's Best Recipes". These are really good!
Make and share this Ultimate Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in large bowl (I do this in the microwave).
- Add sugars; mix well.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Add flour and salt; stir until blended.
- Add walnuts.
- Pour into greased 13x9 pan; bake 25 minutes.
- Let cool.
- MAKE FROSTING-------------.
- Melt chocolate and butter together.
- Stir in milk.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Beat for 3 minutes or until smooth.