1/2 Photos of Ultimate Broccoli - Blue Cheese Casserole
This recipe has been slightly modified to suit the taste of people who prefer a little more taste in the casserole. Other recipes for Broccoli and Blue Cheese casserole are often runny, have only a slight flavor to them, and over cooked broccoli. We make this at Thanksgiving, Christmas, 4th of July, and other special occasions. It is the only dish of our 9-12 other dishes that doesn't ever make it to the refrigerator since it is completely gone on the first pass around the table. It is considered dessert by my 14 year-old son because it is so delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Steam or boil broccoli florets until just cooked, about 2-3 minutes - drain water well.
- 3In a large saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat. Stir in flour. Add cream cheese, blue cheese, salt, and milk. Stir over heat until smooth. Stir in broccoli being careful to not break apart broccoli and pour into an 8x8 or 9x9 oven-safe dish.
- 4Mix 6 tablespoons melted butter with cracker crumbs until well combined. Stir in 1 cup of cracker mixture into broccoli mixture. Pour mixture into a casserole dish.
- 5Bake covered for 15 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and sprinkle the top with remaining cracker crumbs. Return to oven and bake uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- 7Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- 8This can be prepared the day before and you will need to add 25 minutes to your cooking time if it has been refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Broccoli - Blue Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.3
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 93.4 mg
- Sodium 778.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ritz cracker crumbs