Barb Witherspoon's Note:
Bread stuffing loaded with delicious goodies. Although you can use this to stuff a turkey, I make it in a casserole dish. The original recipe came from an Internet website, but I modified it. I made it ahead of time and heated it in the oven just before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 1/2 cups orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 -2 teaspoon sage
- salt and pepper
- 1Plump raisins by placing them in a small saucepan with 1 cup orange liqueur.
- 2Bring to boil, remove from heat, and set aside.
- 3In a skillet, melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat. Saute the celery and onion in the butter till tender, about 10 minutes.
- 4Transfer onion and celery mix to a very large mixing bowl.
- 5Cook sausage till crumbled and evenly browned. Drain.
- 6Combine the sausage and stuffing mix with the onion and celery mixture.
- 7Stir in the raisins and liqueur, pecans, apples, dried cranberries, chicken broth, remaining 1/2 cup of orange liqueur, sage, salt, and pepper.
- 8Mixture should be totally moist. If it is not, add some melter butter.
- 9Place in casserole dish.
- 10Bake, covered, for 20 minutes or until heated through. Add baking time if prepared ahead of time.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Bread Turkey Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.6
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 42.2 mg
- Sodium 1247.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: