A very easy to make blueberry coffee cake. I always double the topping so I included the measurements for the doubled amount. This makes a great dish to bring for a potluck. It will disappear very quickly. You can add nuts if you wish in the topping. I got this from a friend who always used it as a quick item to make for a party. She could make it up, stick it in the oven, finish getting ready and when guests arrived, served it very warm with butter.
- 3 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups frozen blueberries, with
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, sprinkled over them
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pinches salt
- 8 tablespoons canola oil
- Mix first 5 dry ingredients together.
- Add eggs, canola oil and milk.
- By hand, mix together and do not overmix.
- Fold in sugared blueberries.
- Do not overmix and make sure they are frozen or it will turn your batter purple.
- Pour into greased and floured 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Mix ingredients for the strudel. Studel topping will be thin.
- Spoon over coffeecake.
- Bake 375 degrees for 40 - 50 min or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Don't overbake.
This was a really good coffee cake ~ not exactly diet food but everyone needs a treat once in a while. I did convert this to gluten free (adding 2T ground flax seed) and I only made half of the recipe because there are only three of us. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting this. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
What a wonderful coffee cake reipe. A lot of coffee cakes that I had had were a little on the dry side. This cake is moist and flavorful. I used fresh blueberries in place of the frozen blueberries. I rinsed the blueberries well, left them in the drainer for about an hour to drain as much of the water off as possible and them tossed them in the sugar. I have never had a strudel topping like this one. It gets poured on with a spoon and creates a nice crunchy top. I gave some to my in-laws and took the rest to work. Everyone love it and many asked for the recipe. Made for Top Favorites of 2009 Tag Game.
What an awesome coffee cake recipe! I took it to a get together today, and it went so fast, with the last few pieces going to someone who begged to please, please, take them home! It was very easy to make, and the topping really made it. I've still not been able to figure out how not to make blueberry cake turn purple, though... the blueberries were right out of the freezer, I just barely stirred them in... ah well, nevermind, it was still super yummy and looked fantastic! Thanks! Made for PAC Spring '09.