Recipe by Colleen P.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Eat them with a fork or pick them up with your hands!!! Either way, this delicious twist on a BLT sandwich is fresh, delicious, and unique...great for a quick brunch idea or a great way to liven up breakfast during the week!
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package pepper bacon
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
Directions See How It's Made
- Prep fresh ingredients by slicing tomatoes into 1/2 inch slices and red onion into 1/8 inch rounds.
- Cook peppered bacon until crispy and let drain on a paper towel.
- Heat butter in a skillet on medium-high heat. Form hash browns into 6 small, flat rounds and place in hot skillet. Cook for 5-6 minutes until crispy and golden, flip, and do the same to the other side.
- Take hash brown cakes out of skillet, place onto serving dish, and top with fresh tomato slices, a couple of pieces of peppered bacon, and a few fresh onion rounds.