Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
THE BEST BLT you will ever taste, with a couple extras...
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- bacon, fried
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 2 slices bread, of choice
- Mix cream cheese with onion and dill.
- Toast bread if desired.
- Spread cream cheese on one slice of bread.
- Spread mayo on the other.
- on themayo bred place Lettuce, Bacon, Tomato, Lettuce, and top with cream cheese bread.
There's a small mystery here: the "A" in the recipe title probably means "Avocado," and that would have been a great addition to this already terrific BLT. However, neither avocado nor anything else starting with "A" is listed or mentioned in the instructions. We loved the accent of the herbed cream cheese, so all is forgiven, but we're adding the avocado next time. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
Well, you are right Darcy! The little "extras" in this BLT make it very tasty and special! I loved the added cream cheese and spring (green) onions, as well as the dill. I used local Boursin cream cheese with herbs and garlic and made the sandwich with wholemeal bread. I served the with crips, (potato chips) and made myself a cup of tea to go with it! Made for PAC Autumn 2009 and very much enjoyed......I will look out for your newly posted recipes! FT:-)