1/1 Photo of Ultimate Birthday Cake Ice Cream
Chef Angie S.'s Note:
I re-created this recipe after trying one here on RecipeZaar that didn't taste quite right. And the results were a huge hit! I experimented my version at an icecream social. I guess it was a "trial" run. Anyway, it was almost as much fun as watching the older folks facial expression as it was to watch the little kids, just go crazy for this icecream. Hope you like my take on this one. This recipe can also be modified to not include the eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using eggs, you must cook in a double boiler first. Simply add the milk, cream, egg yolks, and sugar and cook till temperature reaches 160 degrees. Remove from heat and place in ice bath to cool. When cooled, add vanilla and whisk in cake mix. Mix well.
- 2No egg version: In large bowl, whisk all ingredients ( minus eggs, frosting and candy sprinkles) together till well mixed.
- 3*Side Note: Mix can be made ahead of time and kept in refridgerator till ready to use. Place in a 1 gallon container. Shake it up prior to freezing.
- 4Pour into Ice Cream Maker:.
- 5Freeze according to manufactures directions. Approx 20 mins, check ice cream. When it begins to thicken, pour in candy sprinkles, and drop by tablespoon fulls, the frosting. Continue to freeze till unit stops. Immediately pour into freezer safe container and let "cure" in freezer, cover and wrap with plastic wrap. Let freeze at least 4 hrs or overnight prior to serving.
- 6To Serve: Scoop into waffle cones or bowl. Top with chocolate syrup and whipped topping. And of course more candy sprinkles!
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Birthday Cake Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (2781 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6603.6
- Calories from Fat 4238
- Total Fat 470.9 g
- Saturated Fat 274.2 g
- Cholesterol 1577.0 mg
- Sodium 1325.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 548.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 510.7 g
- Protein 56.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French vanilla cake mix