Recipe by MadefromscratchMom
This one is all natural! This is the best, most moist and delicious recipe I have ever had! You really have to force yourself to leave it alone long enough to cool! And it is better the next day (if it lasts that long)!
- 2 cups fresh ground wheat flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups mashed overripe bananas
- 1 -2 cup chopped walnuts (to taste) or 1 -2 cup chopped pecans (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9X5 pans or three 8X4 loaf pans.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and set aside. In a large bowl or mixer, blend the butter and sugars until well mixed. Add the eggs and blend until smooth. Mix in the bananas, vanilla, and cinnamon until creamy. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient in two batches, mixing completely and scraping sides between additions. Stir in nuts last, then pour into loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 to 65 minutes, depending on oven and altitude. Check at 45 minutes and then at 10 minute intervals until toothpick comes out slightly damp but not wet.
- Let cool in pans for 15 minutes. Turn out of pans, wrap in foil, and cool on cooling rack for 1 hour. The longer this one cools, the better it gets. Enjoy!