Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious take on banana bread...in muffins! So wonderful you don't need frosting or butter on top! You may use all chocolate or half chocolate and half butterscotch, if you like. We prefer all butterscotch!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips (or half chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- Mash bananas and combine in a mixer bowl with sugar, eggs and melted butter. Blend well.
- Alternately blend in flour mixture and milk. Mix well.
- Gently stir in butterscotch chips.
- Pour into greased or paper-lined muffin tins.
- For extra sinfulness, sprinkle additional butterscotch chips on top!
- Bake at 350º for 15 minutes or until done.
Used half chocolate chips and half butterscotch chips and did add a little less sugar. They were quite sweet but they were a hit at the office! Thanks! :)
These are very good... but I made a few slight adjustments. I used only 1 egg and only 1/2 cup of sugar (they were still plenty sweet). Since I had plenty of butterscotch chips, that's what I used and they worked great with the banana. I will make these again.
These muffins are lovely. I use all choc chips but only use half the amount which works well. I'll be making these often.