Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
- 3 lbs potatoes, scrubbed and pierced in several places
- 1 tablespoon stick butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese
- crumbled bacon
- chopped scallion
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Bake potatoes 1 hour or until tender when pierced. Peel when cool enough to handle.
- Melt Butter in a 4 to 6 qt pot over medium low heat. Stir in onions and garlic, cover and cook 10 minutes until soft, but not brown.
- Add 2/3 of the potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Add broth, milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cut remaining potatoes in small cubes. Add to soup and stir gently to reheat. Sprinkle each serving with toppings.
Its very good, i followed the recipe and my husband loves it so much...and yet he looks forward on me to cook it again...Thank you for this. Very helpful..
Amazingly this is a really good potato soup. I have tried many that had no flavor to them. I'm glad you posted this. I will definately be making this again. TY again Idea for OAMC also. Froze in freezer container thawed over night in fridge and reheated on the stove. I would imagine you could reheat in the crock pot. Yummy!
This was really good and really easy to make. I baked the potatoes in the microwave to save time. I also added a small handful of cheddar right into the soup. Thanks for a great recipe!