Recipe by MARIA MAC *
This mac and cheese is so yummy with sour crream and cream cheese added. Very rich. Low fat it is not.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 12 ounces mild cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cook macaroni in salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Pour into a 3-qt. casserole
- In a saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk, cream cheese, and sour cream. Add salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce bubbles and thickens.
- Reserve 1 Cup grated cheese for the top of the casserole. Toss macaroni with remaining cheese.
- Pour sauce over macaroni and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until bubbly and brown.
- Serve immediately.