Recipe by Kezz
This recipe is for a sweet lattice-topped apple-pie. It is the combination of two other recipes, one that had ingredients I couldn't get in Australia and the another that was a bit bland. Golden syrup and cinnamon are the main ingredients taste-wise. I always get compliments whenever I make this but because it is so sweet I only make it infrequently.
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons golden syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Grease pastry dish and line with pastry. I use a round ceramic flan.
- Combine all filling ingredients and put into dish.
- Cut the second sheet of pastry into strips and place in a lattice pattern on top.
- Bake at 220°C for 40 minutes.
- Combine the glaze ingredients adjusting to spreadable consistency. Brush over the top of the pastry, return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Optionally serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.