Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is for a sweet lattice-topped apple-pie. It is the combination of two other recipes, one that had ingredients I couldn't get in Australia and the another that was a bit bland. Golden syrup and cinnamon are the main ingredients taste-wise. I always get compliments whenever I make this but because it is so sweet I only make it infrequently.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Grease pastry dish and line with pastry. I use a round ceramic flan.
- Combine all filling ingredients and put into dish.
- Cut the second sheet of pastry into strips and place in a lattice pattern on top.
- Bake at 220°C for 40 minutes.
- Combine the glaze ingredients adjusting to spreadable consistency. Brush over the top of the pastry, return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Optionally serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.