Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From "The Jewish Mama's Kitchen".
Make and share this Ultimate Apple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease and line a 8 1/2 springform cake pan.
- Mix eggs and superfine sugar until blended.
- Add melted margerine, baking powder and almond extract to egg/sugar mix.
- Slowly add flour to mixture, while stirring. Mix until well blended.
- Pour two thirds of the batter into the pan. Place sliced apples over batter. Cover apples with rest of batter. Sprinkle vanilla sugar over batter.
- Bake until cake is golden brown. (50-60 mins). Let cake cool slightly before serving.