Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty little pastries will walnut oatmeal filling.
FOR THE PASTRY
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- FOR THE PASTRY: Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1/2 cup water.
- Let stand until softened.
- Rub butter into flour as for pie crust.
- Beat eggs and salt together.
- Add dissolved yeast, eggs and mix with flour mixture to make a soft dough.
- Put dough in greased bowl, cover, and place in a warm spot until dough doubles in bulk about 1 hour.
- Take a piece of dough about the size of a tennis ball and roll out into a circle on surface which has been sprinkled with sugar, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place 1 tsp.
- of desired filling on wide end of wedge and roll up to the point.
- Place them on a greased baking sheet and let rise 15 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F.
- for 12 to 15 minutes, or until done.
- FOR THE FILLING: Grind walnuts and oatmeal together in food chopper.
- Add remaining ingredients and use as filling for rohalyky.