1/1 Photo of Ukrainian Scuffles
Crescent shaped cookies rolled in sugar and cinnamon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water and let stand 10 minutes.
- 2Mix the flour, salt, 3 Tablespoons sugar and butter as for pie crust.
- 3Add to the dry ingredients and milk and eggs, and the yeast mixture. Mix well and knead dough until soft. Put in a bowl, cover and store in the refrigerator overnight. This dough is very soft and must be chilled before use.
- 4Divide dough into 6 parts, keeping one part out and putting the rest back in the fridge until ready for it.
- 5Roll dough out on a mixture of the 1 cup sugar and cinnamon. Try to keep the shape of the rolled dough as round as possible. Cut into wedges, 12 per round if the thickness is 1/8 inch. Roll from wide end to narrow end.
- 6Place on a lightly greased baking sheet about 1 inch apart and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350°F Remove from baking sheet immediately and cool well. These freeze very well.
- 7If you wish to prepare a few pans before baking keep them in the fridge until ready for baking, otherwise they will start to rise.
- 8Wheatland Bounty.
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ukrainian Scuffles
Serving Size: 1 (1152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.4
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 41.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g