Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Crescent shaped cookies rolled in sugar and cinnamon.
- 1 tablespoon granulated dry yeast (1 pkg)
- 1⁄4 cup lukewarm water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and let stand 10 minutes.
- Mix the flour, salt, 3 Tablespoons sugar and butter as for pie crust.
- Add to the dry ingredients and milk and eggs, and the yeast mixture. Mix well and knead dough until soft. Put in a bowl, cover and store in the refrigerator overnight. This dough is very soft and must be chilled before use.
- Divide dough into 6 parts, keeping one part out and putting the rest back in the fridge until ready for it.
- Roll dough out on a mixture of the 1 cup sugar and cinnamon. Try to keep the shape of the rolled dough as round as possible. Cut into wedges, 12 per round if the thickness is 1/8 inch. Roll from wide end to narrow end.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet about 1 inch apart and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350°F Remove from baking sheet immediately and cool well. These freeze very well.
- If you wish to prepare a few pans before baking keep them in the fridge until ready for baking, otherwise they will start to rise.
- Wheatland Bounty.
This is a recipe that my aunt gave to my mom many years ago. I love these little cookies. I tried to do two sheets at a time and switched half way through but they were a bit overdone so I suggest to do one sheet at a time. Be sure to rinse off the baking sheet and spatula right away as the sugar caramelizes and is hard to remove. I found I was going to have extra sugar mixture so before putting on the baking sheet I sprinkled 1/2 T. over the batch. I cut mine into 16 pieces per section of dough.
You might want to ADD 3 tbs of sugar to your directions!!!!! Missed that when mixing so now hoping it ruin my mix!!!