1/2 Photos of Ukrainian Sausage Noodle Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
Make the casserole ahead of time except for baking it, leave in fridge and pop in oven 45 minutes before dinner. I threw this together last night and rather liked it so thought I would post it, Freezes well Make it as hot or as mild as you like. I found 2 tablespoons of hot sauce was just right but I moderated it to 2 tsp cause I know only some like it hot! Even with 2 tbsp I didn't find it too hot .Serve with a green salad and a crispy roll
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 cups cooked noodles (your choice)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped.
- 2/3 cup mixed sweet pepper, diced (red, yellow, green)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (I use Denzil's Molten Lava", or more)
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 300 g ukrainian smoked sausage, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup dry fried onion flakes (French's or Vietnamese Hanh Phi fried red onion flakes)
- 1In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat, saute the onions for 5 minutes, add mushrooms continue sauting for 4 minutes more.
- 2Add celery, peppers, green onions, continue to saute for another 3 minutes.
- 3Add soup& hot sauce, mix well.
- 4Add sausage & Noodles ,remove from heat.
- 5Preheat oven to 350F.
- 6Lightly grease a 9"x9"x3", Pour in the casserole mix.
- 7Cover and bake for 30 minutes, remove cover& sprinkle on the onion flakes.
- 8Return to the oven for 15 minutes to brown the flakes and finish cooking.
- 9Serve Hot.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ukrainian Sausage Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.0
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 99.9 mg
- Sodium 2072.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 30.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fried onion flakes