Here is a different way to make the crepes. This crepe uses baking powder. Cook the crepes until top is just dry before you flip over and cook on the other side for a few seconds. Since I did not have cottage cheese I used Ricotta cheese. I did not have sweet cream so I used Carnation Evaporated milk to cover first layer of pancakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1TO MAKE THE BATTER, mix eggs, milk, and 1 Tablespoon sugar together.
- 2Add vanilla and oil.
- 3Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and add to milk mixture, stirring until smooth.
- 4Using a greased frying pan, fry the batter into thin pancakes like you would do crepes using 1/4 cup of batter per crepe.
- 5Use a 7 inch non-stick crepe pan or any non-stick pan of that size.
- 6Swirl the batter around to cover pan.
- 7I use a brush to lightly brush pan each time with oil or butter.
- 8TO MAKE THE FILLING, mix cottage cheese, eggs, salt, 1 Tablespoon sugar and dill.
- 9Spread over each pancake with filling about 2 tablespoons and roll up like a jelly roll.
- 10Arrange on a well buttered casserole, and pour sweet cream over nalysnyky.
- 11Bake at 300 F, for 35 minutes. Uncover towards the end so that they will brown a little. Serve with sour cream. Makes about 12 nalysnyky.
- 12For dessert Nalysnyky leave out the dill in the cottage cheese and add a bit more sugar to taste if you wish.
- 13Wheatland Bounty.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ukrainian Nalysnyky (Savory With Dill)
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.4
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 240.0 mg
- Sodium 967.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 26.4 g