Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
For Homemade egg noodles, find the recipe for Ukrainian LOKSHYNA (egg noodles).
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- Combine the egg noodles with the butter and cheese.
- Beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff and set them aside.
- Beat the egg yolks, mix in the cream, and add to the noodle mixture.
- Fold in the beaten whites.
- Spoon into a well-buttered ring mold.
- Set the mold in a pan of hot water and bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees F.) for about 45 minutes, or until the mixture is set.
- Unmold carefully onto a large platter, and then fill the center with creamed chicken or creamed vegetables.