Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Any leftover meat or mushrooms may be used in this dish.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup ground ham
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese (or more)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup buttered bread crumb
- Cook the noodles as directed in the recipe for Ukrainian LOKSHYNA (egg noodles).
- Mix the drained noodles with the melted butter.
- Mix in the ham and cheese.
- Combine the egg, cream, and salt, and add to the mixture.
- If the ham is very salty, reduce the salt or omit it.
- Spoon into a buttered baking dish and top with the buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees F) for about 45 minutes, or until done.
Good. Added an extra egg, just because. Sauteed onion, swirled around chopped ham in that before I added it to the noodles. Yummy, but made us want quiche. Thanks for sharing.
Very tasty! My children liked this, as did my husband. I did quadruple the recipe (there are 7 of us) and we had just a bit left over. Of course, a few of my kids had multiple helpings...
My family enjoyed this casserole. It definitely tastes like a breakfast or brunch dish. It does have much flavor and it's quite easy to put together. Oh, I did use milk instead of cream.