Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Any leftover meat or mushrooms may be used in this dish.
Make and share this Ukrainian Lokshyna and Ham (Noodle and Ham Casserole) recipe from Food.com.
- Cook the noodles as directed in the recipe for Ukrainian LOKSHYNA (egg noodles).
- Mix the drained noodles with the melted butter.
- Mix in the ham and cheese.
- Combine the egg, cream, and salt, and add to the mixture.
- If the ham is very salty, reduce the salt or omit it.
- Spoon into a buttered baking dish and top with the buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees F) for about 45 minutes, or until done.
Good. Added an extra egg, just because. Sauteed onion, swirled around chopped ham in that before I added it to the noodles. Yummy, but made us want quiche. Thanks for sharing.
Very tasty! My children liked this, as did my husband. I did quadruple the recipe (there are 7 of us) and we had just a bit left over. Of course, a few of my kids had multiple helpings...
My family enjoyed this casserole. It definitely tastes like a breakfast or brunch dish. It does have much flavor and it's quite easy to put together. Oh, I did use milk instead of cream.