- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine (at room temperature)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- thick jam or canned fruit filling, such as apricot or prune
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Combine flour and salt; add in fourths to butter mixture, blending well after each addition.
- Chill dough until easy to handle.
- Roll dough to 3/8 thickness on a floured surface.
- Cut out 2-inch circles or other shapes.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Make a"thumb print" about 1/4 inch deep in each cookie.
- Fill with jam.
- Bake at 350 F 10 to 15 minutes, or until delicately browned on edges.