Need something to add tang to a dish? Serve on top hot dogs, smoked sausage or along side beef or pork.
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 large onions, quartered and sliced thin
- 3⁄4 cup beef stock or 3⁄4 cup chicken stock or 3⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (regular or grainy)
- 3 -4 tablespoons cider vinegar, start with 3 then add more if desired
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the garlic and onions. Saute', stirring frequently and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add the stock, raise the heat to high and cook for approximately 7 minutes until the liquid is reduced by 1/2. Add the mustard, honey, vinegar; salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to med-low and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Liquid will almost all evaporate.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm, but not hot.
- Will keep refrigerated for 5-7 days or frozen for 3-4 months.