Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Dill is very popular in Ukrainian dishes and delicious in this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup fish stock or 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Melt butter and mix in flour, but do not let flour turn color.
- Cook for 2 minutes or so.
- Add stock and mix until smooth.
- Cook several minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in cream, salt, dill, and lemon juice.
Tried the sauce for salmon & cod filet, it was quick & easy. I did not use lemon & added a tablespoon of sour cream. Ukrainians did not use lemon, it was not available, at least not in western Ukraine where I'm from. All in all it turned out OK and will be making it again.