Ukrainian Christmas Kutya
- Wash wheat in cold water and soak overnight in the 3 to 4 quarts of water.
- The next day, bring the water to a boil then simmer for 4 to 5 hours, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- The wheat is ready when the kernels burst open and the fluid is thick and creamy.
- Chop the poppy seed in a food processor (or coffee grinder) (or you can buy ground poppy seeds in some deli's) and set aside.
- Mix honey, sugar and hot water.
- Mix the honey mixture, poppy seeds, and chopped nuts and wheat.
- More honey can be added to taste.
- Keep in refrigerator.