Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from "The Best of Ukrainian Cuisine". It shares ingredients with a couple other recipes, but the technique is unique and sounds very good. I haven't made it yet. I don't know if the "melted chocolate" is supposed to be semisweet or unsweetened. I intend on asking the Dessert Forum before I make it; if you get to it first, please ask them rather than potentially wasting your time and ingredients.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, whipped
- 1⁄4 cup melted chocolate, cooled
- 1⁄4 lb flour (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup grated semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup finely-chopped walnuts
- salt, one pinch
- Stir sugar with egg yolks. Mix with whipped butter and melted chocolate. Sprinkle with salt. Gradually stir in flour.
- Whip egg whites; mix into chocolate mixture with a light hand.
- Put into a well-greased and floured baking pan. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Before serving, brush with jam and sprinkle with grated chocolate and walnuts.