A very good recipe with prune nut filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the butter with the cottage cheese and sugar.
- 2Sift the flour with the cinnamon and salt.
- 3Combine both mixtures and mix well.
- 4Chill thoroughly.
- 5Pit the prunes, split into halves, and fill each half with a mixture of the nuts and honey.
- 6Roll the dough 1/8 inch thick and cut into rounds.
- 7Place the filled prune-half on each round, bring the edges together, seal, and shape into an oblong.
- 8This is the traditional shape for pyrizhky.
- 9Place on a baking sheet, brush with melted butter, and make a slit on the top of each for the steam to escape.
- 10Bake in a moderate over 350 degrees F.
- 11for 15 to 20 minutes, or until delicately browned.
- 12Yield: 40 pyrizhky.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ukrainian Cheese Crust Pyrizhky
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.6
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 6.8 mg
- Sodium 52.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g