Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very good recipe with prune nut filling.
Make and share this Ukrainian Cheese Crust Pyrizhky recipe from Food.com.
- Cream the butter with the cottage cheese and sugar.
- Sift the flour with the cinnamon and salt.
- Combine both mixtures and mix well.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Pit the prunes, split into halves, and fill each half with a mixture of the nuts and honey.
- Roll the dough 1/8 inch thick and cut into rounds.
- Place the filled prune-half on each round, bring the edges together, seal, and shape into an oblong.
- This is the traditional shape for pyrizhky.
- Place on a baking sheet, brush with melted butter, and make a slit on the top of each for the steam to escape.
- Bake in a moderate over 350 degrees F.
- for 15 to 20 minutes, or until delicately browned.
- Yield: 40 pyrizhky.